Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day! (cards)

Happy father's day to all the proud papas!
In honor of these special men in our lives I'd like to share a couple of cards I made for such the occasion. Keep in mind I am not much of a card maker! It's never quite been my 'trade' of choice. Nonetheless...I'm pretty proud of them. :) I just had fun with making them. Isn't that what is most important?
This first one is the card I made my dad. It measures 5x7 and the base is made out of kraft cardstock. I used papers and embellishments are from Pink Paislee's Prairie Hill collection, Authentique cardstock, and Echo Park's (This and That) Charming collection. I cut the tags and title out using my Silhouette Cameo and stamped one of them with my "potty man" stamp from Hero Arts. I also used my Martha Stewart Scallop Dot punch and my EK Success binding edge punch to make the different borders.
This second one is the card I made for my husband. It measures 5x7 and the base is made out of kraft cardstock. I used Echo Park's (This and That) Charming collection and also some dotted swiss cardstock (punched with Martha Stewart's Scallop Dot punch). The stars and mustaches (and the majority of the title) are all cut out using my Silhouette Cameo.

Have fun celebrating with the special men in your life!

2 comments:

  1. Great cards... I need to make one for my dad and totally forgot about my This and That paper.... It's perfect for Father's Day! Thanks for the inspiration. I'm sure your cards will be loved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, hope it's ok that I linked to your blog from mine. Giving props where props are due. :)

    ReplyDelete