Friday, June 15, 2012

Color Me Scrappy - Challenge #6 - DT layout

It's so hard to believe that we're already on challenge #6 of Color Me Scrappy! I feel like my term with them just started yesterday.

These are the lovely colors we are playing around with for this round. I love the mixture of blue, red, and pink. I really thought my design would come out more feminine but to be honest my layout came out a tiny (and I stress tiny) bit on the masculine side. Take a look....
This layout is an 8.5x11 layout. I've been doing a lot of these lately. They are just so simple to thrown together. I love them! The photo is of my daughter and my husband playing around with the guitar. I adore this photo and it's in my top three of our ever growing collection. Almost all of the pattern paper you see is from Crate Paper's Emma's Shoppe (with the exception of the floral/woodgrain background which is by My Minds Eye). The blue is Bazzil Basic's Dotted Swiss. The film strip going down along side with the Doodlebug Twine is by Tim Holtz.
I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the music notes, pennant banner, journaling area, and circle. The "1234" sticker is also from Crate Paper Emma's Shoppe and the carefree sticker is from Simple Stories' Fabulous collection.

We've changed the format a little for the "prize" area of the challenge. For now on - the winner will be drawn out of two challenges instead of just one. That means you could have TWO chances of winning if you play along with both challenges! The winner of the prize for this month will be chosen from the #5 challenge and/or this current challenge. The prize this go around is a MYSTERY BAG FULL OF SCRAPPY GOODIES! I guarantee that you will NOT be disappointed with this bag that is jam packed full of fun. What are you waiting for? Come join us for challenge #6!

7 comments:

  1. Love the color combo! I can tell why that photo is so precious to you! It's gorgeous as is your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable layout!!
    I love what you did with the color combo and how you used the black and white photo which is also adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that color combo is a dream! Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color combo love the layout

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous and fun layout!!!

    ReplyDelete