Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Keep Calm and Stay Air Force Strong

My husband left for Basic Training yesterday. After two flights, he landed in Texas around 9:30 p.m. The count down has begun to when we get to see him again. We already miss him so much! March cannot get here soon enough. Unfortunately, after we spend time with him for a few days in March, he has to go to Tech School for goodness knows how long.
It's been tough so far. Nights are the worst. The only way I can think to explain it, as corny as it sound, is that the other half of my heart is missing. I am disconnected, incomplete. Instead of enjoying things (like watching TV, reading a book, etc.) it just feels like I am going through with the motions just to pass the time. It's like nothing else matters unless he is here with me (aside from our daughter, of course). All I can do is take it one day at a time. He is doing this to better himself, but he is also doing this for our family. He is doing it so our family can have a better life. I look forward to the adventures we will have with the Air Force. We'll be together sooner than later.

We had a little surprise party for him before going away. This is one of the decorations I made. A little air force Keep Calm poster. I printed it out and put it in a frame. I'll probably end up printing a smaller version and using it in project life as well. You can do with it what you wish. :) It's free for the taking!

If you happened to read my whining all the way through, well then I greatly appreciate it! I'm a big sap. I know it!
 

2 comments:

  1. Big hugs to you, Christina! I'm sure you'll find your way into a "new" routine, but it's hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband travels as well and it's tough but eventually you adapt and it becomes part of the norm, Goodluck to both of you in the new adventure :)

    ReplyDelete