Monday, June 25, 2012

Celebrating 6 Years of Marriage

Yesterday (June 24th), my husband and I celebrated six years of marriage. Time has gone by so fast. I feel like it was just yesterday that he proposed to me. We naturally spent the weekend in celebration of the occasion.
On Saturday we spent a family day together. We went geocaching for the first time and it was a blast! We only ended up finding one cache but it was well worth the trekking involved. We're new to it so we aren't exactly masters of the trade yet. Plus, we had Charlotte along which didn't make things easier. Don't get me wrong - she loved every minute of the new sights and sounds. Mommy, however, did not like having to worry about what bugs were crawling on her. Anyway - our first cache find was at an old courthouse with a lot of history.

 Sunday was our day. My mother in law was kind enough to take Charlotte for the day. We started the day off by doing a little more geocaching. The first location we chose to go to - we didn't find it (again, we're still newbies!). The second location was a park close to us called "Indiantown Park". We were just about to give up on this one when I spotted a tiny little canister in a tree. My husband couldn't believe I actually saw it because it could of easily gone missed. We were proud. ;) We then moved on the one geocaching location I was looking forward to. The Miyazaki Japanese Garden. It's a small park dedicated to the commemoration of Virginia Beach and Miyazaki Japan becoming sister cities. While we were not lucky enough to find the cache we still enjoyed ourselves. The location was beautiful and so very peaceful.
Dinner and a movie was next. In the Japanese frame of mind we decided to go to one of our favorite Japanese Steak House restaurants - Kyoto's. It is always such a fun experience and the food is so delicious! The movie we ended up seeing was Prometheus which exceeded my expectations. If you are into scifi/suspense movies at all - I highly suggest you go and see it. It was really good!


My husband has always done well in the gift department. He knows me like the back of his hand and tends to pick out the most perfect gifts. This anniversary...I think he may have done the best he has ever done. A Pink Smash Book, a Fujifilm Instax camera, and this necklace. It's a heart with wings. The wings can move into any position (whether you want them criss-crossed, spread far apart, folded down). I don't think I've ever adored a piece of jewelry so much in my life (aside from my wedding ring of course). Many kudos to my hubby. ;)

5 comments:

  1. Love this Christina! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! Sounds like you spent it well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! Sounds like you spent it well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary! It sounds like a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete