Monday, April 23, 2012

Weekend recap/life updates/WIN A CAMEO!

Over the weekend we took a little trip to the Salisbury (Maryland) Zoo. It was packed because of earth day but well worth the visit. Charlotte enjoyed herself. Her curious face lit right up around the animals. The zoo also had a really nice park. We took her out of her stroller to let her play but much to our surprise - she wasn't the least bit interested. She was kind of scared of the swing (which is surprising because last year she loved it) and when I took her to the sand box and showed her the sand, she hit it out of my hand and said "EW!" I think someone is going to be a bit of a girly girl....


I will be embarking on a new adventure very soon. See the building above? That's the local community college. I'm officially a registered student! I will be attending this summer and working on my pre-reqs required to enter into the Registered Nurse program. I am excited and nervous about the entire ordeal. It's been a long while since I was in school. I graduated high school in the year 2006. Hopefully I won't be TO rusty. Needless to say, though, life is going to be very busy for me - balancing the life of a mommy, wife, and student.
 
That's not all....
I also now have a weekend job. It's nothing to fancy. My dad owns his own local seafood/produce shop and things have really been picking up. The weekends are his busiest time and he has been in need of extra help. I, myself, have been in need of some extra spending cash! We talked things over and decided that it would be great if I could work the weekends. Looks like my schedule will be even BUSIER!

Don't forget that there is still time to play along with challenge #2 over at Color Me Scrappy!

Last but certainly not least - you could win a CAMEO! Pink by Designs is giving one away.
CHECK IT OUT!

3 comments:

  1. I have been to that zoo! My parents live in Dover, DE. I remember taking my son when he was younger. Looks like you have some new adventures on the horizon. Wishing you the best with your school & job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those photos with the pops of pink! Best wishes as you go back to school!

    ReplyDelete